Change of Status on an H-1B Approved for Consular Processing

I'm currently working on H4-EAD in USA. I have approved H1 I-797B with employer "ABC" having start date as 11/16/2020 under consular processing in cap. Can employer "XYZ" file H1B transfer before my start date with "ABC"? If yes, can he do it with change of status?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch the Video on this FAQ:

Change of status on an H-1B approved for consular processing

Video Transcript

The answer is yes. Do discuss with your lawyers. FAQ in detail...



Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment