Effect of Moving Abroad While Still on H-1B Visa

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch the Video on this FAQ: Effect of moving abroad while still on H-1B visa

Video Transcript

1. Yes, I think you can keep that H-1B alive as long as that job is there.

2. Yes, as long as you have an H-1B approved in the last six years you can always transfer over to another employer and if your I-140 is approved for 180 days or more which in your case would be from June to December. So next year onwards you are entitled to have H-1 extensions through any employer as long as your I-140 remains unrevoked for 180 days. I don't see a problem you can have a transfer from India itself. More...

Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment