H-4 EAD Termination and Converting to H-1B

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch the Video on this FAQ: H-4 EAD termination and converting to H-1B

Video Transcript

If you have already completed six years you cannot go back to H-1 unless you leave the United States for at least one year or unless you start a green card. Then you would be able to apply for an H-1 extension based upon either the first year anniversary of the filing or I-140 approval, whichever comes first you have to fall under the 180 days. A mere change in jobs doesn't allow you to reset the period for yourself.  More...


Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment